Here’s the rub: America’s workforce, job creators, and students are caught in an inescapable riptide—and President Biden’s futile policies are to blame. For these men and women, there are no life preservers in sight. In his State of the Union address last night, President Biden doubled down on the same proposals that will plunge America into even further ruin.
Biden: “Pass the PRO Act because workers have a right to form a union.”
The Truth: Under current law, employees already have the right to form or join a union or to refrain from doing so. The PRO Union Bosses Act offers a conduit for Big Labor to consolidate power, coerce workers, line their own pockets, and bolster their own political agendas.
- The PRO Union Bosses Act would overturn right-to-work laws in 27 states, forcing workers to pay millions of dollars to labor unions.
- This radical legislation would require employers to hand over reams of workers’ private, personal information to union organizers.
- Should it become law, gig economy jobs across the country, which Americans rely on, would be decimated.
- The PRO Union Bosses Act would undermine workers’ right to vote by secret ballot, making union elections more susceptible to corruption, intimidation, and coercion.
Biden: “With the Inflation Reduction Act that I signed into law, we’re taking on powerful interests to bring your health care costs down so you can sleep better at night.”
The Truth: Experts believe the so-called Inflation Reduction Act will reduce research and development into new cures by $663 billion.
- This law kneecaps medical innovation and will lead to 135 fewer novel medications.
- As a result, 331 million life-years will be lost.
- The Biden administration’s socialist price controls put bureaucrats in control over the health care of millions of Americans.
Biden: “Let’s also pass the bipartisan Equality Act to ensure LGBTQ Americans, especially transgender young people, can live with safety and dignity.”
The Truth: The so-called Equality Act is a clear and present threat to religious freedom in America. This bill purports to strengthen tolerance and equality, but it forces Americans to contort their consciences—thereby violating them entirely.
- For centuries, equality under the law has been cemented into the fabric of our nation. Yet, this bill would shred the sincerely held beliefs of Americans and subject them to punishment for non-compliance.
- The Equality Act would force female athletes to compete against biologically male athletes who identify as female, which would threaten women’s safety and decimate women’s sports.
- This bill guts the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993—our country’s flagship law in defense of individual religious freedom.
Biden: “Let’s offer every American the path to a good career whether they go to college or not.”
The Truth: With more than 11 million unfilled jobs coupled with a monumental skills gap, the United States is facing dire economic straits, and the Biden administration is only exacerbating these problems.
- By propping up the Registered Apprenticeship program—an eight-decade old bureaucratic fossil—the Biden administration is constricting America’s workforce pipeline.
- America’s best and brightest business owners should be allowed to lead the way, have a seat at the table, and develop innovative workforce development programs to best serve Americans.
- Putting Americans on a path to a good career begins with good faith, bipartisan collaboration—not reviving failed workforce programs that cannot meet our country’s demands.
Biden: “And we’re making progress by reducing student debt…”
The Truth: The cost estimates of President Biden’s illegal student loan cancellation scheme could cost taxpayers $1 trillion.
- The Biden administration’s student loan bailout is a political gambit engineered by special interest groups; abusing the HEROES Act for such a ploy is shameful.
- Moreover, this administration is bypassing Congress, which is elected by the American people to protect their interests.
Congress is the only body with the authority to enact sweeping and fundamental changes of this nature, and it is ludicrous for President Biden to assume he can simply bypass the will of the American people.